Ovisnova is a centre which is working to develop and modernise ovine production in central-southern Chile, as this is part of our heritage and also has great productive potential. We are educating for change and sustainability, because our focus is to work in favour of nature, within a framework of regenerative agriculture. OVISNOVA is part of the Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, headquartered in the city of Talca in the Seventh Region, but its area of involvement ranges between the Fifth and Eighth regions, mainly rain-fed areas dedicated to sheep production.
Ovisnova’s Aims And Objectives
Is a technological agent, able to connect the university’s academic and technological capabilities and scientific knowledge with dryland sheep farming ecological issues, in the search for solutions to improve its productivity, competitiveness and sustainability
- Development of research.
- Development of abilities.
- Development of technological transfer and community outreach.
- Evaluation of productive impact.
- Support for new market development strategies and new commercial alternatives for the industry.
Priority Thematic Lines
- Programme for the management of fodder and food resources. Emphasis on the management of degraded soils and sustainability.
- Programme for health and reproductive management.
- Programme for biosafety, sustainability and good farming practices.
- Programme for genetic selection and improvement.